Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Do People Really Do This?

During my morning "networking" routine, I came across a link on Twitter from Cynthia Cook Inc. It was a link to the FINS website, a career building site, with an article titled: "The Ten Worst Things to Put on your Resume."
As I scrolled down and down the lengthy article, I could not help but laugh some of the "dont's" that were being mentioned: 
Don't include your political affiliation.
Don't include a head shot.
Don't put your social security number anywhere.
Don't lie.

I find it a little hard to believe that there are people out there who truly think it is smart and/or correct to include their S.S. number on a resume. I couldn't help but question the validity of this website or the journalist. Why is this posted on a seemingly responsible website affiliated with SmartMoney and The Wall Street Journal.
But then again, maybe I am just naive about the silly things some people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment